Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm giving two talks in the next couple of weeks. These are the twins of the twin readings I gave in February.

1)This Saturday, as part of the Small Press Traffic's conference on Contemporary Poetry and Political Antagonism, @ 11:00 a.m / CCA's Oakland campus / Macky Hall. This is sort of a follow-up to On the Poverty of Internet Life. Those who were irritated by the style of the Action, Yes essay will, perhaps, find my offering on Saturday a bit more lucid. There are some links to materials you can read/view on the website. I also wanted to point people in the direction of Tony Tost's "System Says" (commentary here), which is rather germane to my thoughts, but I forgot to tell Stephanie Young to link to it.

Thanks to Cynthia Sailers, Chris Chen and Stephanie for putting the conference together!

2) I'll be giving a paper on Bernadette Mayer at the National Poetry Foundation conference in Orono--June 13th (a Friday!), 2:30. You can see a list of the papers here, but no schedule yet.
Publish Post

No comments: